Monday, June 2, 2008

Maniacal Machinations: At the Fair part 2

I'll skip the part where I went on the rides because those were damn fun for me and thus, will probably be rather boring for you.

On the verge of puking, I sought out a remedy. My options were caramel apples, crusty popcorn, or water from the duck pool. I took my chances and got an apple. While I was waiting in line, though, I heard the guy in front of me say, "I'll take one with nuts and one with plain." Strange, I never realized "plain" was a topping I had to request. Regardless, I began taking bites out of my apple (which is harder than you'd think considering how easy it is to get caramel all over yourself) while I made my way to the respectable vendors that pitched their tents just a few yards from the edge of the fair. I'm sorry, did I say respectable vendors? I meant flea market. Honestly, I've never seen so many people selling scented candles in my life. I guess bake sales are out of style or something.

Disgusted with the paltry selection, I went to the food vendors in hopes of experiencing a wide variety of delicacies from all the various cultures of the world. What I ended up getting was a cheeseburger and a Dr. Pepper. Don't get me wrong, it was a damn good cheeseburger.

Anyway, there was this band on stage that was playing Green Day's Basket Case. To my surprise, they were doing a much better job. Then again, it's not too hard to outdo Green Day, is it?

Well, that's it for my adventures at the fair, folks. This part didn't come out anywhere near as well as the first one, but at least I didn't just post an image macro . . .

No comments: