Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rating Scale

I'll be throwing out a lot more reviews in the near future, so I might as well give you guys my review scale. I think the ten point system is a piece of shit, so there are only five points in mine. After all, either something's good or it's not. Therefore, the 2-5 ratings are saved for good things whereas the 1 rating is for anything that is mediocre or outright bad. To elaborate:

5: Masterpiece - You absolutely have to see/play this or I will personally tie you to a chair and force you to. A perfect score isn't something I take lightly, either. You won't see me tossing these out to just anything (unlike certain review sites).

4: Excellent - With only a few minor flaws (or possibly one big one that the title overcomes), I highly recommend shows/games that I give this rating to.

3: Good - "Above average" is the key term here. While they won't blow your mind, these will definitely not waste your time. One significant flaw or 2+ large flaws will bring an excellent title down to this rating.

2: Serviceable - Bugginess (for video games), incompleteness, or an overall lack of polish mar these otherwise good titles. While certain aspects prove to be enjoyable, other flaws constantly taint the overall experience.

1: Shit - I don't care if it's just boring or if it truly sucks donkey dick in the traditional sense. Titles that are average in the eyes of the current media fall into this category regardless. Titles that try something extraordinary, but come up short are much more likely to earn at least a 2 rating than cookie-cutter titles that only settle for the status quo.

No comments: