Thursday, October 25, 2007

Consumer service

Yo, so I'm Nova.

I'll be writing crazy shit here about stuff that happens in my daily life. which will usually be work related since I spend most of my time there.

So to reak it down for you people. I work in a toy store (yes you can laugh later) known for it's excellent consumer service I'm in charge on service after purchase and the games departement. Especially because of that first bit I encounter some weird shit.

So last summer we sold pools. Big pools to be exact. Now a few weeks ago a client called me, saying there was a water issue with her pool. Now standard procedure says we take back every purchased article, in order to get it repaired. As I told the client this she was outraged, yelling at me, calling me scum of the earth and shit like that.

Needless to say I transferred the call to my boss. I got better things to do then listening to french speaking little bitches who live on flemish land, refuse to speak dutch and complain about shit.

A week later the client in question arrived with the huge ass pool. So my and the pool guy open that fucker to give our first check on the thing, before sending it to central dispatching. As we both thought, she fucking cut her liner and pool herself. The cuts were too clean and too small, not to mention too frequent to be a production error.

We both mention this too the client who again, was outraged and made a scene inside the damn store. So against policy, we sent it out for repairs to central dispatching.

A week later, we get thesame note from central "This pool has been destroyed by the consumer, therefor warranty is void." When reading this I called dispatching telling thel THEY could share the news (and be shouted at for a change).

About 15 minutes later, central calls me. "Yeah, we're giving the client a full refund." WHAT... A FULL FUCKING REFUND. you gotta be kidding me. We're actually gonna PAY that fucking bitch for screwing up her own (expensive) pool.

too my astounishment, two weeks later, she showed up... with a letter from central, stating we are giving this woman a full fucking refund.

So while I'm counting the money for the third time to hand it to her, she starts yapping to me about her damn water bill. Claiming she had to pay over € 500 in order to fill her pool.

€ 500 O_O WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU FILL IT WITH? CHAMPAGNE?

Not pleased with my remark (I'm known to piss off clients) she calls central again. And afterward I get a damn call. "Yeah we're giving this woman a free pool next summer as refund for the water bill"

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? WHAT IS THIS? A TOY STORE, OR THE FUCKING SALVATION ARMY?

This is the largest piece off bullcrap about working in the store, the client is ALWAYS right (even though they are dumbasses) and they ALWAYS get their money back. and if they get angry enough, get a little extra in return. This news has now spread through forums and such. Basically my chain of stores is known as the panzies of consumer service. But in the year I'm working there, I've made a reputation for myself. and I quote from a forum:

"This guy isn't a panzy like most, he knows his stuff. He's not the manager, but he could very well be one. He says shit the way he wants it to. and he'll give you the service you require, even if that means repairs with payment."

This pleases me. I'm harsh, but I'm fair. The client is not King when I'm around. The client is a fucking drug addict, and I'm his supplier. You don't like how I work? Go to a different store with employees who have NO product knowledge whatsoever.

I have no problem with being friendly to clients... but it's the abusers like this that piss me off and bring up the worst in me.

No comments: