Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Intellegent Look at Fanboys

So as I sit here drinking 7up and Jim Beam, I keep thinking about a discussion I was engaged in the other day on mIRC. The discussion was about the competency of fan boys. And as I was trying to think of a topic to tackle on my first blog entry here, I thought I might point out the stupidity of all fan boys. Yes thats right, I feel all fan boys are stupid. Well first I will break them down. You have silly people in forums arguing about there system as if it was the bloody crusades. They argue over their system as if it was the shield and crest of their own name. It is ok to like a system, but you clown shoes have petty arguments to prove That one system is the best at anything. Thats why there is free market. A chance to have competition. And as I am not going to go over every nit picky topic i will point out at least one pro and con for EVERY system.

PS3:
pro- Amazing graphics on this system. Why? Because unlike the 360, the PS3 is utilizing the hardware and software it has put into its system to a high potential. I am no engineer, but if the PS3 can push its system even further in fluidity I will be astounded. If you see Heavenly sword you will see what I am saying. The rub here is it looks astonishing on a standard def. I know they "claim" that the 360 isn't even using its full potential, but why bother holding out on the consumer.

con- The price. Why is it so expensive you ask? It has a built in Blu-Ray player. And the funny thing is, the majority of people who own a PS3 don't even know they have a Blu-Ray player, and yet are still counted as Blu-Ray player sales. Microsoft did me a huge favor by separating the HD player. I don't care for a player that has very little number of titles, and I don't want to pay it. Also do the consumer a favor and release games.

XBOX 360

Pro- They hit the ground running with the release and haven't stopped running. With he most titles out of all the systems so far it's doing a good job. Also the Xbox Live is great, and not just for games and demos. TV shows can be bought and downloaded as well as movies, (in HD mind you.) Plus in my eyes the main menu for the system is the most cheery. (sorry wii, your too blue.)

Con- Too many glitchy games. Half the games you buy have massive glitches in them. two worlds, overlord, the darkness just to name a few. I'm sorry I realize your trying to top the market in your system, but do the consumer a favor and test them some more, cause a lot of these glitches are very apparent and you guys are crap on releasing patches on time.

Wii
Pro- Its teaching many lazy fat nerds to get off their ass and exercise.

Con- When are you going to come out with a new stock character. I mean honestly, Mario is fun and all, but we been staring at that goofy mustache for what, almost 20 years now. Give the masses some variety. And I know that there are other games by Nintendo, I mean games that people rave about. Why can;t you make a bad ass zombie game that is wii specific. That would be tight. Also I do kinda agree with some on the effect on children who will play manhunt 2 on this system, as there are stupid parents who don't look at the games ratings or look to see what they are buying for there children. (Jack Thompson PWNED!)


I realize my wii con is a little weak, but for me the monotony of a system is a huge downer for me. Though Metroid is still fun. But I digress. My point is, is that there are things wrong with every system, and there are things that are right. But its better having multiple systems on the market as opposed to one insanely jacked up system with a huge price tacked on. But for the most part, fan boys enjoy your games and systems, but stop telling others they are wrong in their choices. These are what intelligent arguments look like. There are valid points constructed here, not "This game sucks even though, I Haven't played it, but it is not on my console which obviously means I am right and you are wrong."


LOVE,
Crazyhaze

1 comment:

One Sin said...

I like how "Obese Women" is one of the tags. XD