Friday, July 18, 2008

MTRL: My terrible Romantic Life Volume 1

As I'm attempting to contribute to this blog once again, for I have freee time, and sometimes things to write about. As recent events have made me rather bitter and pissed off, at least for the moment, a new segment is born, my Romantic life. I'm seriously pretty bad at this shit apparently, so out come stories, anecdotes, and advice from my time as a dating male in the 21st century. Today will be a long one, as it has a few parts.

So, There is this girl whom I am currently, interested in shall we say. Let us call her T. She currently has a roommate, and best friend since she was in 6th grade, grew up together, so they are like sisters close. We call her L. T and L are both 20 cause I'm sure someone will ask, they always do. These two and me are the players in this tale. On to the beginning.

I meet T, and we decide to hang out some time, because we like each other. I meet T for some coffee, and we decide to go back to her place to go watch a movie. Her roommate is there as well. We order Chinese and end up watching "I am legend". I am my normal MST3K funny ass self during the movie, as a tend to be. After I go home, I find out that L likes me, and thinks I'm funny/cool. Whatever, the point is, she approves of me, which is important. Guys, ALWAYS make sure the best friend likes you, or it won't end well. Flash forward to round 2. We end up watching shitty TV with L once again. Much shorter this time, as she has work in the morning. Here's when things begin to go badly. On round 3.

They pick me up, and we go to the liquor store. I get a box, I swear the kid put it in a box, of booze, to get heavily smashed on. We drink and watch 'Starship Troopers'. Stay up till 3am talking, cause L just won't go to bed, for whatever reason, and leave us alone. Now take into account that up to this point, we haven't been alone except for car trips and such at all. I've tried to get her to come over to my place, but L is a bit of a loser and has nowhere to go, and T feels bad, so we always end up at her place. L finally goes to bed, and T wants to as well, so I ask if I should crash on the couch. T says no. JACK POT! or so I think. Nothing happens but me uh... digitering her to completion. There's really no nice way of saying that is there? She passes out after, and I go to sleep alone of course. Bummer, but she's cool, oh well.

This was a Thursday night, and she was gone all weekend. Round 4 was supposed to be on Sunday after she gets back, but she gets back at 11, so we scratched it. New round 4 on Monday night. Guess what, L has some 'boy issues' that T needs to be a good friend for. That's cool, I understand. Tuesday night rolls around, L's mom went to the hospital, so she needs support, ok, fine, I got it, happens. Got wicked drunk and then find out I'm coming over, cause L's going out with this guy from work. We'll call him R. To be honest, R looks like your typical, skinny 19year old nerd type. He had his hair combed over, slacks and a really dressy shirt on. I almost laughed cause I was drunk. Anyway, An hour after I come over, not even, L comes home crying and needs to go see her mom an hour and a half away. I accept it, happens. Yesterday, Wednesday, T was too tired from work and had early school next day, so no dice.

As I write this It is Thursday the 17th, for reference. Find out a few hours ago, that L is going out with R again. So I'm hopeful to hang out with T. She says she just needs to verify R and L are going out and we can hang cause she don't work or have school Friday morning. Well, she gets home from work and L surprises her with Dark Knight tickets. I'm jealous, but sweet, they've been looking forward to this for months. I'm happy for them, cause ya know, that's awesome to go at midnight, wish I could go. I pretty much have to ask, since I've been told after half a date and 3 days, L and R are a 'couple', if he's going. Apparently he is, and T becomes the third wheel. Now that's rude to do to her best friend for SEVERAL reasons. First of all, being a third wheel, even to a movie premiere sucks. Hell, been there done that multiple times. Secondly, and MOST importantly, this was avoided so easily I could be pissed off and rage, which I kinda am.... Drop R, I mean, it is your best friend vs a dude you barely know. Hell, I would understand if I was R. It's no big. Oh, and here's the even easier way! ASK ME! L knows full well T likes me a good deal. It's not like I'd not pay for the ticket or whatever. And there was plenty of time to inform me and get me. How was this not insanely rude? So here I am. Out of booze, pissed, and not tired at all. If anyone has any suggestions for me, my current being I'm totally talking to T about this bullshit, please feel free to leave them in the comments, or just email me at paltir@gmail.com.

Happy Hunting!

No comments: