Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paltir: Fuck you 1800flowers!

Ok, I know it's a bit different from my normal postings, but I have a bone to pick, and wish to share with you all the fucking hell I'm about to go through, all for under 100 bucks.

So back in may, I was thinking of mothers day, like most of us. I wanted to order flowers, since I couldn't make it home for the day, cause I was too far away, and had work. Seen commercials for 1800Flowers, seemed like a decent site. Now flowers were a bit expensive, but with mothers day and shit, I figured it's ok, flowers are always overpriced. Specific arrangement and such ain't important, came to about 60 bucks with shipping. Due to a misunderstanding with someone putting my name on a gift, I got a thank you, and didn't realize the flowers never came, so now I'm working on that. That's not all.

Just this morning I check my account, like I do almost daily, and notice It's over drawn. Odd, cause I ain't bought anything for at least 4 days. I check, and there's a 11.99 charge from TRG*Livwel, and I only had ten bucks. That's weird, since I've never heard of them, or seen anything like that before. I check, and noticed I received a charge from them last month. Mind you this was during the time when I was moving, so I had way to many purchases to notice some 12 dollar charge. Do some digging, and come to find out, I'm in the same position as a lot of people! Apparently 1800Flowers likes to sign people up with this Live well company that offerers discounts and rewards to their members, without letting people know! I check for an email, of course I got one, the only issue is that it looks like every other spam email I get so I must have disregarded it. I ring them up, get put on hold for a while, and I decide to fuck that! I'm not waiting on hold with some shitty company that stole my money! I get pissed, and fire off some emails asking for my god damn money back, and to cancel my membership.

Now I call up my bank and explain this shit to them. For 20 minutes we work on this. End up canceling my debit card, and now I don't have one for the next... 5-7 days, and won't have a pin for a few more after that. Now I have to fill out a fraud package, get it fucking notarized, and then fax it back to them. Means I gotta find a printer, find a notary, and finally find a way to fax it back. So then I have to call the police, since the bank requires me to report it. Call up, and they take my info, and now I'm waiting for some rookie (I would make the rookie do this crap), to call me back so I can spend another twenty minutes working on a police/fraud report.

I will update in a few days when I get it all worked out. Needless to say, fuck this shit. I'm so reporting 1800Flowers to the Department of commerce of whatever for being giant douche bags and doing this shit. I'd like to hear your stories of this kinda crap in the comments. Fuck shady internet businesses like that!

No comments: