Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let's Loathe w/ LEVIATHAN v.4.0

I have a 10-year-old sister. She is a cheerleader. She's blonde. If I hadn't seen her in the hospital myself, I'd say she was adopted (My mother had this thing where she wouldn't let her children stay in the nursery ever, so that's ruled out) because of her blonde hair and green eyes. She's annoying as FUCK. *cough.* Anyway, today's topic is:

Children's Television Shows.

So I'm sitting there studying or reading or whatever, and the next thing I know, dearest little sister comes home, and clicks on Disney Channel. Normally, I can just tune it out.

But something about this particular episode of Hannah Montana seems unusually stupid. I tell my sister to turn it off.
"No! I love this one!"
Then I realize what's so fucked up. SHE'S SEEN THAT SAME BAD EPISODE 50,000 TIMES ALREADY.

How does that work? It's not the first time it's happened, either. Other shows rerun the SAME EXACT EPISODE IN THE SAME TIMESLOT all the time.
All right, cool, it's a mindfuck. That's all. But my little sister is ENJOYING IT.

Conclusion:
Children's network stations like PBS (gag, who the hell killed Big Bird?) and Disney Channel (I remember when there was a full documentary series called Amazing Animals that I loved more that my mother. Who killed that?) will purposely rerun episodes of their series OVER AND OVER AT THE SAME TIME for two reasons: 1. Kids will whine to mommy and daddy to watch at different times. 2. The stations don't have to write nearly as much content.

Which brings me to my final point: American Children need Shin-Chan. New episodes next week. Rock on crayon monkey boy. Get your honor, honor and a peeeenis. Rock on.

No comments: