Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Maniacal Machinations: Character Creation

I finally decided to title my Maniacal Machinations instead of just sticking dates on 'em. Yay progress!

Anyway, I was playing Mass Effect (which is why my posts are so infrequent this week) when I realized something: in-game character creation is a huge bitch!

This ain't the first time either. Anyone remember Oblivion?

For one, half of the options don't do jack and have no noticeable impact. On top of that, once I got my character to stop looking like they had a horrific accident and facial reconstruction didn't go so well, guess what? Once I started playing, I found out that it did, in fact, still look like someone who had their face slammed into the pavement and rubbed around. Turns out the character-creation perspective and in-game perspective don't quite match up.

Every time the game goes into a cutscene, I cringe . . .

No comments: